Saturday 29 September 2012


Six Word Memoir #5:

Writers Note: No need to call a therapist, I'm not depressed! However, there was a time last year when I sure wasn't happy. I was so stressed out about school and I felt like I was losing my friends and everything I enjoyed over it. I barely ate and lost a lot of weight, nothing seemed to be going right. I found myself smiling and saying everything is okay when people asked. It wasn't okay and I wasn't happy. The smile I showed was forced and on the inside I just wanted to go home, lie in my room, probably cry, and sleep. It got to a point where I didn't even smile at all and, thankfully, people noticed and gave me great advice and helped me out a lot in my life. They told me to smile, it looked good on me. After that stage in my life I legitimately was happy and I wanted to smile all the time. This "Six Word Memoir" does not only apply to that time in my life, it represents anytime that I am sad or unhappy and I try and act like I'm not. We disguise what we really feel...it is easier that way. Interestingly enough, the photo inspired me before I came up with that memoir. I was looking through all family photos and this one stood out to me. The person in the photo doesn't look happy at all, but she is putting on make up and dressing up fancy. It looks as if she was getting ready to hide what she really felt like. She does not look happy and she is not smiling. This photo reminded me a lot of myself and thats why I wanted to find words to connect it to me. 


Smiling is easier when you're happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment