Saturday 29 September 2012

Six Word Memoir #4:

Writers Note: For this "Six Word Memoir" I chose a subject that is very personal to me. I am good at school, and I always have been. It seems as though most things I do, I do very well. At school it doesn't matter what it is, my marks are always extremely high. However, I also work ridiculously hard to make them so. I go home and spend so much time, hours and hours, trying to learn everything about what was learnt at school that day. I read the same thing over, and over again in order to make sense of it and intake the subject. In the past, I have been sat down by teachers to discuss my natural ability in their class and the potential I have. I have been told I am a very smart person by my friends, family, and teachers. To most people, I am known as the smart kid. The thing is...if you told me I was smart to my face, I would say "thank you" and completely disagree with your comment in my head. I know if I say "no I'm not" people would just think I'm searching for a compliment or that I'm acting dumb. To be honest, I really don't think I'm as smart as others think I am. I excel the way I do, and get the grades I do based on hard work...hard, hard work. I sit in class and will intake nothing...that is, until I go home and learn it. Lots of people may not get as high marks as I do, but the fact that they can understand stuff so easily and quickly, in my opinion, makes them smart. I chose this picture because I had recently got this mark on one of my English assignments and I used the gold stars from a test I got back in psychology. It shows something real, and yet false at the same time. Also, I really wanted to use the contrast of my writing. There is the  handwriting, which I use to make myself appear more intelligent. It is what I always hand into a teacher or write notes to people with. Then there is my own writing, messy in all its glory but most people don't see that. I come across as very intelligent...but I don't think I am.

They think I'm smart. I don't.  

1 comment:

  1. "Smart" can be really hard to define. Even if you don't think you are naturally, you're clearly a much harder worker than those who are. I wish I had the motivation to go home every night and spend hours making sure I understood everything. I admire that. Being a hard worker, will take you so much farther in life. Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete