Saturday 29 September 2012

Six Word Memoir #1:

Writers Note: This "Six Word Memoir" has to do with the subject of growing up. When I was a lot younger, I read a poem about how trhough life things keep getting greyer and greyer. Our black and white choices merge. Everything we do and choose isn't obvious. As I grew up, I really began to understand this message. Choices were so easy as a kid, right or wrong, yes or no. There were no consequences. Now, I find my self constantly having to make decisions about my life that I have to think about a lot. There is no obvious choice. Now that I'm in Grade 12, there is so much I need to think about, from simple things like going to a party or choosing classes, to deciding what university I want to go to and what I want to do with the rest of my life. Nothing is easy anymore. I chose a white canvas to put paint splatters of different colours on, with my memoir beside it because I wanted the  different colours and splatters to represent the fact that choices in my life are no long defined and ready for me, there is so many possibilities and it is up to me to find which is right for me. Another reason I chose to put my art in this image is because art is one of my biggest passions and I want to do something after high school having to do with that...but I don't know if that would be the right choice. Honestly, I don't know what the right choice is yet. My choices in life are no long black and white.


It's not black and white anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment