Saturday 29 September 2012

Six Word Memoir #3:

Writers Note: Even when I was younger, school came first. It wasn't my parents driving me to study, study, study...acheive, achieve, achieve...It was myself. In the past, and still to this day (although not as extreme) I would make school work my everything. I would come home and spend my entire night studying and perfecting my projects. Nothing was handed in that wasn't worth 100% in my eyes. I wouldn't spend time with friends, my physical activity was not even a thought in my mind, I dropped all my extra curricular activities and anything I did outside school was eventually ended. I lived and breathed schoolwork. You're probably thinking this sounds pretty ridiculous and over-exaggerated. Well, it is extremely ridiculous and I'm being completely honest. Last year I had to stop everything that I was doing, sign out of my IB classes and take a regular easy life. I knew it wasn't healthy and I needed to live life and put the school books aside. I needed to tell myself that it was okay not to be perfect. Happiness needed to be my main priority, not school. I took this picture of my memoir on a chalk board I have in my room. I chose this because it relates to school and because it was the simplest way I could write my message. Theres not really much to this image, which I wanted because I usually always jazz up anything I hand in for marks. However, for this image I didn't want the raw truth of my message to be hidden. 

School became my main priority. Stupid. 

1 comment:

  1. Quite a few teachers use the term "IB recovery" to describe a student like you. Do you think that is an accurate term to use?

    ReplyDelete