Sunday 14 October 2012

Personal Edition Numero Diez
     
      I feel like I'm missing out. 

      I have always acted older than I am, ever since I was little. I never got a lot of the humour other kids did, or teenagers for that matter, and I always just sort of kept to myself. In high school I have always felt out of place. That's kind of a classic response from kids my age...but thats just how I feel. I find gossip annoying, I couldn't care less who's dating who, and I hate the idea of certain hierarchy by grades for the school. However...I find myself mimicking the motions that I do care. I've always just been school focused, rather than spending time with friends and going out I will memorize a textbook, literally. Now that its my senior year I want to try being a regular teenager. I'm worried that I'll look back on my high school experience one day and think that I missed out...but I'm also scared that I won't. 

2 comments:

  1. Well Sarah to offer you some consolation, you're really not missing out on much. Honestly I wish I had your dedication to school, I would love to have that drive. I personally don't go to a lot of parties or anything of that sort, but I did go to one this past weekend. Everyone there was saying that they're never going to forget it, and sure it was fun, but at the same time I'll probably forget about it in a year, or probably even less. My point is I think time is what you make of it, so if you think you've wasted your Friday nights then that means you need to get more. So my question to you is do you think you've wasted your time in high school with all your studying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I find myself mimicking the motions that I do care."

    Interesting, I bet you're not the only one doing this. I think it's a survival strategy,and I used it myself when I was in high school. I think that our society glamorizes high school, and that very few people actually survive it without some damage. Personally, I feel bad for the people who think that high school is the best years of their life. What a waste, fixating over four short years when the average lifespan is 70+ years.

    ReplyDelete