Tuesday 23 October 2012

Personal Edition Numero Trece

Musique Musts #1
          It finally just hit me that I can add music related stuff on my blog...so, that's rather exciting I would say. For anyone who wants to hear some great music, I would definitely recommend reading these posts! To start with, I'm going to ramble on about some of my favourite bands, artists, songs, etc. Enjoy!

1. The Beatles

It just had to be my first choice...need I say more?


2. Mumford & Sons

            These guys have to be one of my favourite bands. Their first CD, Sigh No More, is one of the only CD's I can listen to fully, enjoying each song. Their new album, Babel, is just as great. Listening to them, you can hear the passion in their voices and playing so much that its almost chilling to listen to. When these guys come to Canada, I will most definitely be going. No questions asked. Some of my favourite songs my them include White Blank Page, Winter Winds, Dust Bowl Dance, Holland Road, Hopeless Wanderer, Broken Crown, Babel, Below My Feet, and their cover of Simon and Garfunkle's song The Boxer is actually amazing. 


3. Of Monsters and Men

          An amazing band from Iceland! Some of my favourite songs include Dirty Paws, Little Talks, Mountain Sound, Your Bones and King and Lionheart.  


4. The Wooden Sky

          Not many people know about this band...but for any Winnipeggers reading, assuming most people around the world are wanting to read my blog, they're coming to the West End Cultural Centre on November 28th 2012. Some of my favourite songs by them include This Bird Has Flown, Child of the Valley, The Wooden Sky, and When We Were Young. 


5. The Cat Empire

           A lot of the songs by this group makes you feel like you're in some tropical country listening to music on the beach. Songs to listen to include Rhyme and Reason, Lullaby, Protons Neutrons Electrons, and The Lost Song. 


6. The Black Keys

            You gotta love The Black Keys. Some great songs include Tighten Up, Howlin' For You, Little Black Submarines, and Sinister Kid. 


7. City and Colour

         City and Colour, (Dallas Green- How clever!) is from Canada and is amazing! Most of their songs are soothing and just make your mother forced you into guitar lessons when you were younger. Check out the songs Confessions, Fragile Bird, Sleeping Sickness, Hello I'm in Delaware, and Sensible Heart. 


8. Gregory Alan Isakov

This guys music actually makes your jaw drop. It's almost a singer that you don't want to tell people about, and just want to keep all to yourself. The music just connects to you and honestly, I can't really explain why. You will do yourself a favour if you listen to That Moon Song, Big Black Car, Evelyn, and Dandelion Wine. 


9. The Fray

Who doesn't love the fray? Their music is absolutely beautiful and sang very passionately. Listen to the songs Over My Hear, Be Still, You Found Me, Where The Story Ends, Never Say Never, Syndicate, and How to Save a Life.


10. Brandi Carlile

         This singer has such an amazing and unique voice. I really love the songs The Story and Hiding My Heart Away. She also does a great cover of Hallelujah.

1 comment:

  1. I love Mumford and Sons! I agree, it's one of those albums that I can listen to every song. I might have to try some of your other reccomendations.

    ReplyDelete