Saturday 19 January 2013

                 "Now What"

          This year I started to actively get involved in supporting human rights and global issues. Although, that's not to say that I've never been before, its just now that I'm older it makes it a lot easier to help and participate in certain humanitarian groups. For example I joined Just Cause this year at school and am really liking it. So, for some of my bucket list items I tried to incorporate ways to help other people globally who don't have equal opportunity to us or have their everyday basic needs being met...like clean water and food. So, two of my items include sponsoring a child in Africa and saving up money to buy a well or other supplies overseas as well (I grouped those two items together for my "Now What" because they have a similar purpose and strategy as to how to tackle them off my list). Well, to sponser a child will be roughly thirty dollars a month and a well can be hundreds of dollars…maybe even thousands (I suppose I should start by getting more information about this item). In simple terms, I need to acquire currency. In simpler terms, I need a job. So, I'm going to tackle this list item by first getting a job (fingers crossed for either the Keg, Lush, or Chapters). Once I do this I will be able to sponsor a child and pay the thirty dollars each month. Also, I can put aside 5-10 dollars each month to save up for the well and other necessary supplies for people. For both of these items I would need to go through some sort of organization…and I was leaning towards World Vision, so I would just need to contact them. I really want to cross this bucket list item off because I think I could really help someone and its not hard at all to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment