Saturday 19 January 2013

                        Authors Note

        I'm a person who, generally, doesn't take any risks. I could live through my entire life, not doing most of the items on my Bucket List, and still be content...but I don't want that. I want to make myself try new and exciting things that I wouldn't normally do. This project will hopefully give me some kind of motivation to do a lot of the items on my list because life's too short. I know thats a huge cliché but its true. It gives me a visual to look at that I can always go back to now and again to cross items off the list that I've accomplished or come up with ideas on how to tackle another item. As far as theme goes, I don't really have one...other than the fact that all my list items are relatively safe and not very risky. Every 10 or so item I tried to add some sort of act that would do good for others, like sponsoring a child in Africa, building a well, paying for someone else's groceries or helping a less fortunate family have the perfect Christmas. Also, I added a lot of travel items to my list...so hopefully I end up getting to those places in my life! For my project I did a video with Jordan and Lane. We added some clips where we have the list item written on objects or paper, and some where we literally act out the item. We hoped to grab the viewers attention and keep them interested, so we added lots of different styles. We made some of our video clips funny and some more serious and meaningful, we really tried to make an impact on the viewer by doing this. One thing that surprised me about myself through this project was that I found that actually really liked coming up with visual representations to go along with my list items. I was pretty surprised by the videos I took because they all worked out perfectly! I loved coming up with new ways to represent my items, for example, with my item "Learn how to skateboard" I literally wrote it in marker on the back of a skateboard and filmed the bottom of the skateboard. Also, another one of mine was "Start writing in a journal" so I filmed myself writing that item directly into a journal, finishing by ripping out the page. I thought it was really fun creating these new ideas and video clips. One thing I really loved about this project was that it teaches us to live life to the fullest for ourselves but it also teaches us to make other people's lives a bit better too,  pay it forward, and I've always found that really important so I'm glad we did a project that incorporates this idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment